I am currently staying at Adonai guesthouse. For those of you who may not be familiar with this word it stresses mans relationship with God as our Master, Provider and Authority. My room is named Elohim. This word too has a strong meaning. In Genesis 1:1 it says Elohim created the heavens and the earth. Elohim is used when God interacts with his creation, that's me! So you see I am in a good place to begin.
I am featuring a couple of photos I just took of the guesthouse for 2 reasons. 1. So you could see where I am and 2. So I could practice using my new camera :-)
My car is the one on the left and directly in front of it downstairs is the window to my room.
![]() |
| Front Entrance for Adonai Guesthouse |
I will be staying here until the 6th, when I will move over to a team members house as they will be going away on vacation for a few weeks. It's the same house I stayed in all summer last year.
While at their house I will be preparing to go into South Sudan on June 11th, where I will stay for the next several months.
This preparation is multi faceted. I have to consider many things as I get ready. What clothes are appropriate? Too many, not enough? Emotionally and physically I feel the need to rest and stay quiet before God as He infuses me with His strength and speaks to my heart as He leads me in this new phase.
I am also excited about taking my new home with me! By that I mean I am having a permanent tent made here in Kampala. I'll leave you wondering about that so you will have to check back later for updates.
I will write randomly while here in Kampala over the next 10 days and then more consistently when I am in Akot, South Sudan.

No comments:
Post a Comment