Sometimes it rains and sometimes it pours. This week it has poured visitors. It has been a busy but interesting week.
Firstly, just a brief update on my neighbor Lady R. There has been a momentous change in circumstances. Lady R and her daughter have been granted a reprieve, at least that's what I am calling it for want of a better word. I think Mr. X has definite feelings for Lady R, albeit with wrong motivation, but never the less he wants to continue to support her and her immediate family. Apparently First Lady has been apprised of the situation and has agreed to let Mr. X spend his days and nights in both places as he chooses.
I appreciate your ongoing prayers for this delicate situation. It is my desire to pour into Lady R helping her to know God's truth and to be well equipped for the future path God has intended for her, whatever that may be. Our English lessons will now continue :-)
Last weekend I was able to meet up with and then host for dinner, the Poole family who in August, moved from my home town in Tasmania, to become part of a medical ministry in the country to the north of me. It was a great time of friendship and discussion about all things African!
Wednesday, immediately after Bible study, I drove 1 hour to Entebbe airport to pick up 2 more Tasmanians who flew in to join the Poole family for the purpose of installing a solar system for a hospital and orphanage.
While hanging out at the guesthouse with my fellow Taswegian friends for the afternoon, I couldn't help but notice these impressive Helmeted Guineafowls. Their feathers have tiny black dots.
How about this for an interesting plant? I can't remember the name, sorry. It's such a dramatic looking plant with its vivid red and green colors.
Anyway, after visiting for a few hours I headed back to Kampala in time to pick up another visitor. This time it was a woman named Adrian, originally from Dallas, who is working as a nurse at an orphanage in Jinja, about 2 hours east of Kampala. We had lots of medical things to talk about as she has been challenged in caring for 46 children who are HIV + and it's malaria season.
I drove her to meet the Every Village team that just arrived back from their mission trip to S. Sudan. We spent a few hours hearing all their wonderful stories of ministry. After dropping the ladies off at the guesthouse where the team stayed, my new nurse friend and I headed back to my apartment that I had left 12 hours earlier. Long day!
Thursday morning I helped some of the team do some souvenir shopping before their afternoon departure for the airport. Adrian had to leave suddenly for Jinja due to sickness of one of the staff there.
Thursday evening I was looking forward to a good night's sleep after the activity of the past few days, but it was not to be. At 2 :30 am I woke suddenly to the sound of music blaring. A party boat had pulled up near the shore of the lake and decided they needed to entertain the entire neighborhood. You can't imagine the volume. It went on for an hour so I gave up trying to sleep and read some more of my intriguing book about the famous explorer of the 1860's, Henry Stanley. He's the one who found Dr. Livingstone with his well known words "Dr Livingstone, I presume."
Today has been very interesting also but I am now tired after all that has happened so check back in a few days for my post about visiting the labor and delivery ward at Mulago Hospital.

No comments:
Post a Comment