Somehow I just never get tired of watching the sun rise from my apartment windows and balcony.
The colors are breathtaking. I just love watching the smallest sliver of color and light, as it swiftly takes over the darkness. If I have put the coffee pot on, once I see the sun starting to ascend from its resting place, I run to pour my coffee and take my seat on the balcony to watch the rest of the show!
I have been reading from the book of Job in my daily time with God and I can't help say out loud, "Have you ever given orders to the morning?"
Check out this medium sized delight. He is a Hamerkop, named because of his hammer shaped head. He is the only species of his kind in Africa. Definitely can't mistake him for another. God is so creative.
I spotted him as I walked over to the clinic next door. I did some quick fumbling in my pocket to reach for my camera. He was calm and cooperative as he quietly walked through the low grass, not seemingly bothered by my close proximity.
Every day I marvel at the things women carry. I was waiting for patients to arrive at the clinic for the women's health screenings when I happened to glance out and see this woman with her heavy and cumbersome load.
Even though it was International Women's Day, a national holiday, her day was no different. I don't know her but I can see that she is strong, hard working and dependable. She most likely has a family to support and will do what it takes to make that happen.
Everyday God gives me something to take delight in, but more than that, "I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God." Isaiah 61:10
No comments:
Post a Comment