Saturday, July 2, 2011

Random Stuff


So many things happen here that it's hard to keep track of the funny and not so funny. I just keep thinking about different things that I don't want to forget about and that I think you'll find interesting. Firstly, did you know that if I need medicine I don't need to see a Dr. and get a prescription? I can just go to the pharmacy and ask for whatever I want. Vine Pharmaceutical is the place I go to most frequently if I need something. The staff are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Downside is parking and traffic are terrible at this location.
Next random thing is the grasshopper salesman. They stand on the road at different intersections, mostly in the afternoons, in case you feel like some grasshoppers on your drive home. He will scoop them out of a bucket into a bag and pass them through your window and off you go :-)
Yesterday, I was driving along with my camera , because I recently decided that I see too many interesting things that I don't want to miss and low and behold I glanced in my side mirror and there it was, another strange sight. I whipped out the camera and had plenty of time as there was a traffic jam. I was able to get a good close up. Yes, they are dead fish that you can see tied to the front of a truck. In certain areas near lakes, rivers etc people sell fish on the side of the road. Rather than put the stinky fish in the car with them, most tie it on the outside. Never mind the dust and fumes that cover them.
Lastly, I see people carrying the most amazing loads. This man was carrying a 70kg (140lb) bag with some sort of grain across the street in heavy traffic. There are no wimps here. Women and children carry unimaginably heavy loads.
That's all for today but trust me there will be more.

No comments: