Saturday, July 9, 2011

Two Cakes Day!



It's not too often that you get to have two cakes on your birthday, but today was the day for exceptions. I woke up early feeling excited that this was the day South Sudan would become a new nation it was also my birthday. (I'm not telling how many years! ) I watched the BBC for live coverage. They didn't have fireworks but a 21 gun salute. I had fireworks kind of, on my cake :-) A huge sparkler lit up my pretty pink and purple decorated cake with a rice crispy tea cup on top. My friend, Neltia, went all out with the cake decorating. The Sudan cake even had a mud hut on it with the South Sudanese flag flying high. July 9th 2011 is a memorable date. Hip pip Hooray !

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful day of celebration! I have enjoyed reading your blog, Ms. Snow!