Friday, January 18, 2013

The battle rages on.

Today I could take it no more. 1pm is the time for afternoon prayers and on Fridays there is more than just a call to prayer. It involves a whole message. I stood and listened at my window to the lies and decided I needed to go and see exactly where the message was coming from. I have been hearing this for months and have never really determined the location, except that it's very close.
 I quickly put on my shoes ( feet fitted with the Gospel of Peace ), donned my helmet of Salvation, had no belt but definitely buckled Truth to my being. The shield of faith preceded me as I walked down the road, following the voice. I had already been in the Word of God and prayed my way there. I was armed and ready.

I followed the voice right down to the local university campus and saw the megaphone. I stood at the gate ( on reflection, an interesting place for a chance meeting. See John 10: 1-10 ) A man in his 20s asked if he could help me, so I asked a few questions.
 1. How many people  on campus are interested in this message? Answer : About 4% ! Are you kidding me?  79% are Christian.
2. Does anyone object to 5 am prayer? ( I know I do ) Answer:" Well they did protest for a while when students were studying for exams but now they are fine." Let us never be "fine" or tolerate and become complacent  about anything other than Truth.
3. What do you believe?" For me, I was a Catholic but now I am okay with this." ( indicating message from megaphone) So I say, "that's a big switch" He says " the only thing I don't like is too much about the prophet and putting him above God." Now we are getting somewhere. I push a little further and he tells me when his children grow up and are about 10 and can understand, he will let them make a choice. I explain he doesn't have to wait until 10, my granddaughter understood at age 4 !!! I also said he needs to tell them Truth. He had mentioned earlier that all ways lead to God. I told him they did not and that Jesus was the only way. We talked briefly about what happens when you die and that you may not like the choices available for all eternity. He smiled politely and I felt it was time to leave.
I know my words have no power but prayed that this man would be convicted by the Holy Spirit to change his ways before it's too late.
Sometimes it's okay to just simply pray for others and sometimes we have to put feet to our faith and move out. Today I felt propelled into action.

No comments: