
Strange things happen when you are driving around the city here. Take for example this next incidence. Cassandra and I needed to go to the local "mall" and I use that word loosely. I had to buy more internet time for my computer and have them show me how I could get warnings to know when my current 3KBs were about to expire, instead of it just randomly saying "your usage has expired." Not real helpful at 9pm when you sit down to work on something :-( Anyway customer service is not quite the same here. I explained the problem to the sales person. She said the system was down and she couldn't help me. I said "the system has been down for over a month" to which she rolled her eyes and shrugged her shoulders and that was sufficient for an answer.
I got ahead of myself in telling you about that event, I guess it's still fresh in my mind. What I started out saying was that on the way to the mall I was driving the usual route and I was nearing an intersection and had noticed a lot of cars seemingly parked on my left side. I was the first car to pull up at the T waiting to pull out to the right. There were 2 policeman standing there. They came over and the first one told me to go left and make a U turn and then I could go to the right as I had wanted. He walked away and the next one asked what I thought I was doing, why did I pass all those parked cars? He then tells me to back up, I started to until I saw a car directly behind me. This all seemed very senseless. Both police had now moved away so I quickly turned left, went along to the next street and made a U turn. I was now back waiting to turn right again. It's rush hour traffic and things are slow and busy. A woman policeman is now watching me at this corner. I am waiting for an appropriate time to pull out. All of a sudden she shouts at me "JOIN"! She is telling me to pull out in front of traffic coming at my right and to push myself into the approaching traffic from the left. I did what she said and we survived. Cassandra and I roared laughing as we said "what just happened there?" Please note the sign in the attached photo says "Drive Carefully" under the sign you will see boda bodas ( motorcycles) driving in the sidewalk with the pedestrians!
No comments:
Post a Comment