
I watch the BBC and try to keep up with U.S. and world news. Things are bad all over it seems :-(
The economy is not doing well in the U.S., my homeland Australia and here in Uganda. Last Sunday night in the heart of Kampala there was terrific blow to hundreds of merchants who sell their wares in a huge market called Owino. I have posted blogs about visits here in the past. Apparently a fire started somewhere in the market area and traveled quickly destroying hundreds of stalls/booths. Reports say that there was another fire about 2 years ago and the vendors got loans then to help them rebuild their businesses. They have not paid off those loans yet so will definitely not get any new loans. This means they now have no source of income, no goods to trade and no bright future on the horizon. Sometimes when you feel like life is hard you can always look around and see so many who have overwhelming burdens to bear and your troubles seem smaller. Thank goodness we have a God who is bigger than the sum of all our problems.
I have included a photo of the taxi park I have referred to before. It's just a block away from Owino. The congestion here is similar to the atmosphere inside Owino!
Well I wanted to send a photo along but after 3 days of trying to upload the photo through the blog site I am still unable, so I'll keep trying. Check back later to see the photo. Thanks for your patience. Mine is getting strengthened! ***Update*** figured out the file I was trying to upload was too big, so I shrunk it and here is the picture of the taxi park as promised! Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment