I just got back from a walk in my neighborhood. It's not anything like my neighborhood in Texas. No zoning laws here. I had a couple of chickens walk in front of me and passed by several goats grazing on the side of the path I was walking on. I usually get lots of stares and children call out Muzungu ( white person) but not so much today. Maybe I am blending in more :-)
It's very warm out, about 96 but I chose to go as the sun is starting its decline in sky so it's a tiny bit more tolerable.
One of my favorite places in the neighborhood is a little chapati stand that is just at the end of my street. As soon as I come out of my house and turn right and go up the street for a couple of hundred years there it is. I love seeing the sign "Jesus is the Alpha and Omega" ( beginning and end) I have been there a few times when I don't feel like cooking. The owner mixes egg, a little chopped cabbage, tomato and red onion together and then cooks it over a griddle on top of hot coals. The filling then is wrapped in a chapati. ( not good for cholesterol but so yummy) It costs about 75 cents. More on the neighborhood later. I think I have an urge for a chapati :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment