Friday, January 27, 2012

Local Produce

Today is such a hot day. I need to see if I can get some freon in my car, the open windows in this ridiculous traffic are a bit much. I was out and about buying some goodies to take to dinner tonight. One of Aid Sudan's Houston team members is in town, so we are having a get together for her. Along with some other things I said I would get some fruit. There are men with wooden wheelbarrows parked randomly along the streets so I decided to give one of them some business instead of the supermarket. You tell them when you want to eat the fruit and they show you which one is best. Mine is so sweet. I also got a water melon. Back at the house I made a pumpkin cake, forgot to put in the melted butter and had to pour it over the top and then gently try to force it down in the partially cooked cake :-( Oh well you can do what you can do, right?

No comments: