Thursday, December 29, 2011

Goodbye to Kenya




Our last day in Kenya dawned and I rushed over to look out the window where I hoped to see the elusive mountain, but it was not to be. Instead I saw a cheeky monkey sitting on a ledge directly outside our room. I opened the door a crack to get a better photo. I took the photo and then just stood and looked at the little fellow. He jumped to the ground and came to the door. He used his hands to try and pry open the door. I quickly pulled it closed. Imagine the chaos if I had let him in.
After breakfast we took one more look around the lodge. One of the walls in the lounge area is filled with Masai spears, masks etc. It's eye catching.
We made the 3 1/2 hour journey to Jomo Kenyatta airport without any problems, even saw a few giraffe on the way.
The one hour flight on East African Airways went without any hitches also. I say this lightly but you just never know how things will go around here. Remember, T.I.A.
We were sad to have come to the end of our Kenyan adventure but so thankful for the wonderful opportunity and memories to cherish.

No comments: