What does shifting mean to you? In Australia where I grew up and apparently here in Kampala it means the same as moving. Saturday I shifted some of my things from the Henderson's where I have been staying since I arrived 5 days ago, to my new temporary home for the next month. I am living on the Baptist Mission compound. It is well located, very secure and is just what I need for the present time. I took a photo of my apartment so you can see where I am. I also wanted you to see some of the native wildlife here in Kampala. These critters are roaming the compound. I also hear a loud rooster at inappropriate times. His body clock is out of sync, kind of like mine until a few days ago when the jet lag wore off.
Today I realized I was a true missionary when I reused a tea bag for the 3rd time!!! It was still good. You can't get Lipton Super fruit White Mangosteen and Peach here so you do what you have to do. I forgot to bring some back with me and only have 2 more left. More updates later. Hope you will update me with your life events as well.
1 comment:
I LOVE that you have those turkeys in your yard!! We have those ALL OVER Indiana!
Your new home looks so adorable...and once again, I have weather-lust seeing all of that greenery! ;)
Post a Comment