Today we visited a man with Sickle Cell, he was is crisis. Crying out in pain. No staff came to him and no family to care for him. He was thankful for prayers to comfort him. Then there was a woman foaming at the mouth and seemed dazed, don't know her story The sick and dying everywhere, on the floors, in the halls and in my heart.
Before leaving we were asked to visit a young woman with AIDS. We went far up the hill towards where the old hospital had been many years ago. Here there were tiny rooms, each leading to another. beds jammed into corners, no privacy at all and deep suffering in every bed. Here is where I met Joyeria. A sweet young woman, maybe 20-22 years. She was able to understand english so I told her the story of Jesus's great love for her. She prayed with me to ask Jesus to be her Savior. She now knows for sure when she dies she will have a home in heaven. I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know how much longer she has on earth but she will go to a much better place. Her name is now written in the Book of Life.
1 comment:
How wonderful!
Post a Comment