Yesterday the Aid Sudan team/family drove roughly 2 hours east of Kampala to the town of Jinja. Just outside the town is the place that is thought to be the source of the Nile. In 2008 I went to the actual site but this time my visit here has s different purpose. It is the first Aid Sudan Retreat for the staff on this side of the ocean.. Our Executive Director, Peter, is with us.
We gathered for a team meeting in this bungalow while the children played nearby in and around the pool.
Afternoon tea was a highlight with chocolates and cookies from the U.S.
Here's the early morning, misty view of the Nile that I can see from the porch in front of my tented room.
I was here in June 2011 before they dammed the river. Sad, no more sounds of the falls below to help lull you to sleep. Lots of frogs noises last night and also monkeys jumping on our roof!
As I sit here and have some quiet time the view I have is the photo above.
Aaah! So relaxing.
Breakfast on the porch overlooking the Nile, monkeys playing in the trees above, sipping African coffee.
The world out there is a long way away.
1 comment:
Be refreshed my dear friend!!!! Praying for your time with the staff...may the Lord comfort and refresh all of you!!!
Post a Comment