Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bible study


When I moved into the Livingston's house for 3 months to house sit I knew I was going to have new responsibilities. I am learning many things about how to handle situations that arise when house staff is involved. There are 2 day guards, one night guard and a young woman that helps in the house. I am learning to be specific about things when in my mind I see it to be a certain way and assume they would see it the same way, Wrong! Anyway I am glad to have them and appreciate their help. I also agreed to lead a Bible study that Susie had started. I jumped in on Genesis 17. We meet at 7:30 here at the house. We spend time talking at first and sharing tea/coffee and some cookies or cake. So far there have been 4 coming regularly, with others coming later as they are able. We have 2 Koreans, a man from one of the islands off the coast of Africa, and one Ugandan. Others that have come in the past are a Sudanese woman and an Ethiopian woman. It will be interesting when we are all present. Of course there's me from Australia and Cassandra, my summer room-mate from the U.S. We are quite multi -cultural! It is a fun group and we have some interesting discussions despite some language barriers. I don't know about them, but I am learning lots. I am so glad for this wonderful opportunity.

No comments: