
This morning Elisabeth and I helped Suzy make pancakes. What a treat, pancakes in Sudan! Unfortunately some team members are not feeling well today and are laying low. It's a matter of who is next? I was fortunate to be in the healthy category today. Several of us ladies went to lead Sunday School with about 30 local children. With the help of a translator we told the story of Creation. The children got to have parts. Some were the sun, moon and stars and others were fish, birds, and all kinds of animals. We sang a few songs and then went outside for some games. We ended up with duck, duck goose and the Hokey Pokey. It spans all languages!
After church I helped the American doctor by holding an infant so he could sew up it's little hiney where he had removed a tumor a few days earlier. For most of the afternoon we rested, journaled and talked with each other. Late in the afternoon we went to the house of a woman named Mary, who works at the compound. She and her husband, Joseph,wanted to host a meal for us. We sat outside and watched Mary make kisera. ( this is kind of like a crepe) We all took turns. The photo I included shows Suzy trying her hand. I did horribly. Mary also served some local green vegetables, chicken and goat. Our team were the honored guests in their small compound. Before we left we prayed for this sweet couple to be blessed with children. I've also included a photo of a little girl who drew my attention as we watched the kisera being made.
No comments:
Post a Comment